Editor, Food Chain Film, INC. Thousand Oaks, CA (2016- Present)
- Editor of feature packages for the ATP Media World Tour international television broadcasts and ATP Media website.
- Editor, Colorist, Re-recording, Audio Mix, Graphics.
- Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign CC Pro 2017
- Co-Edited documentary for the Washington Kastles, World Team Tennis six time world championship team which aired internationally.
- Assisted with writing script vo’s for packages and vignettes. Conceptualized look for specific packages for both broadcasts and web
- Media management, WeTransfer, Dropbox. International file sharing
- Daily collaboration with producers and photographers, studio/field productions.
- ESPN online write up for piece edited.
Editor/Assistant Editor, NBC/Universal, Esquire Network (2014- 2017)
- Assisting the promotions department with daily duties such as importing tape and file based media via AMA or digital ingest. Syncing, grouping, labeling and organizing projects for editors including productions such as Knife Fight, The Agent, Car Matchmaker and Brew Dogs for network and in house deliveries.
- Media management, consolidating, transcoding, linking, using Avid Media Composer Interplay Edition V 22.214.171.124 driven by Nitris DX.
- Editorial cuts when needed by the producer. Adding effects and transitions to video and audio tracks.
- Adding/removing front and back plates, network bugs and lower thirds for HD and SD center cut.
- Assist on 2015 Broadcast Upfronts and Promax submissions for Esquire Network. Sound/picture sync from archived promotions for review by panel.
- ISIS implementation for file retrieval and archiving. MXF, H264, MPG2 conversions, Sorenson Squeeze.
Owner/Editor, Cockeyedimages, (2011- Present)
- Editor, sound and video for web series “ City of Crows” for credited producer/director.
- Pilot pitch reel for web series, Making Money. Editor, Color. Audio Mix.
- Editor for retrospective promotional piece for Dr. Gadget.com
- Edited promo piece for Prova Pizzeria to be viewed on company’s website.
- Pulled YouTube selects and edited tribute piece for 2015 Black History Month, highlighting the lives of Reggie White and Stuart Scott.
- Camera and Editor, promotional music video, RSB (Rich Santana Band) website.
- 2nd Assistant editor on the feature film Ex Free with Producer/Director/Screenwriter, Troy Beyer. Pulling selects for the editor as well as syncing sound to film for feature and trailer submitted to the Sundance Film Festival.
- Edited the short film Immeasurable with submissions to multiple film festivals; credited as editor on the IMDb listing. Screened for Technicolor Executives on the Universal lot.
Editor, KCAL/CBS2 (2012- 2013)
- Special Projects Editor for feature packages which included, entertainment, investigative, informational and special interest pieces for Emmy Award winning producers and reporters.
- Incorporated special effects and designed graphic elements to achieve the vision of the producer via Avid Newscutter Adrenaline with Avid DNXCEL v. 6.2.8 and Aurora Editing Systems v 7.0
Editor, Assistant Editor, Fox Movie Channel (2007- 2010)
- Provided editing services such as cut-downs, segment re-edits, layoffs, and retags for original series programming, promos, and teases for programming.
- Created and updated stunts and title menus.
- Organized multi-cam workflows for dayside editors.
- Performed non-linear editing employing the Avid Media Composer HD v2.7.5 bundled with Boris FX8, Sapphire v1.0 output to digibeta.
- Supported revenue generation by assembling marketing collateral packages for the New York sales team used for pitching shows and products.
Special Projects Editor, WHDH NBC7/BOSTON, Boston, Massachusetts (1999- 2006)
- Consistently met aggressive deadlines with daily feature length packages consisting of entertainment, music, sports, political, investigative, and special interest pieces.
- Primary editor of breaking news events. Frequently receiving extensive footage 10 minutes prior to air, with the ability to edit and deliver the tape to the tape coordinator in time for broadcast. Working knowledge of Inews.
- Overall experience included audio, tracking, effects, music mixing, compositing visual effects, titles, video, mattes, and multi-styled lower thirds and keys, and training on Airspeed, Unity and Isis tapeless server systems.
- Served as feed editor for the live 2.5 hour evening news block.
- Utilized KU trucks and Sony DNW A220 fly packs.
2004 New Hampshire Primary
- Lead Editor, NH Primary
- Assisted with the penthouse location set-up and running of the audio board during interviews with politicians including Joe Lieberman.
- Interacted and served as regional network liaison with Network news reporters, Peter Jennings, Wolf Blitzer, Brian Williams, and Steve Handlesman.
2004 Democratic National Convention
- Lead Editor, 2004 Democratic National Convention.
- Shot footage used to open NBC Nightly News (network)
Technical Tools Proficiency
Editing Systems: Adobe Premiere CC 2017, Avid Symphony 5.0.5, Media Composer HD v8.1, Interplay Edition v126.96.36.199 and 7.0, NewsCutter Adrenaline XP 6.0, Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 HD & Final Cut X V.10.2, Edius Ver.7, Aurora News Edit 1.7, Quantel v3.7 rev4, Davinci Resolve 11,
Software: Boris FX v8, Sapphire v.1.0, Apple Motion 4.0, Apple Color 1.5, Adobe CC 2017, Mac OSX 10.9, Pluraleyes v3.5, SuperGrouper v5.1, Name Changer v3.2.1, Cinema Tools v4.5.1, Soundtrack Pro 2.0.2, Garageband 11, DVD Studio Pro 4.2.1 iWeb 2.0.4,
Formats: HD/SD, Digibeta, DigiS, Beta SP, Beta SX, P2 Flash Media, S Card, XDCAM, 32gig Lexar professional 1066x compact flash memory card, SanDisk/Lexar 32gb SD memory cards, SanDisk 32gb microSDHC Cards, Mini DV
Social Media & Web: YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, SnapChat, Website Design (WordPress, Wix) and Blog.
Awards, Affiliations & Development
- Continued volunteer work, California Film Commission.
- Coolux, Pandoras Box, Media Server Basic Training
- ACM National Finalist
- Alliance for Community Media Nationals, Boston, Massachusetts, Washington, District of Columbia, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Portland, Oregon
- NABET CWA Local 53, IBEW Local 1228 (Traveling Membership)