Program Director/Post Supervisor, HCTV/33, Greater Boston Area, MA
- Spearheaded the effort to maximize programming and exposure for this large market PEG station and took it to the next level by modernizing equipment, achieving team member and volunteer buy-in, and networking heavily within the community.
- Coordinator of studio and location productions, live and taped. Duties included: producing, directing, lighting, audio, camera, electrician, location manager. Crew assignments. Liaison between studio and client. Talent coordinator. Remote truck operator. Troubleshooting. Setting up and striking productions.
- Upgraded lighting and equipment by gathering information from vendors, generating requests for proposals (RFPs), and selecting and purchasing equipment for 2 complete edit suites, new control room switcher, graphic generators, new cameras, lights, microphones, and a production van.
- Modernized sets and facilitated set flexibility by constructing multiple lightweight sets that were easily mobile for increased design opportunities and that could be repainted as often as required; oversaw the 3-month construction of a new prop department built by select volunteers.
- Coordinated programming and added promos, teases, teases, interstitials, stunts, titling, and public service announcements (PSAs); established vault and logging procedures.
- Station was #2 access station in the United States with a full time staff of 8 and membership base of 450.
- Organized the administrative functions by restructuring location equipment contracts, studio request forms, facility inventory forms, and programming tracking sheets.
- Enabled a more robust on-air look for local sporting events by simulating a live to tape environment including employing instant replay features; added multi-camera angles such as game and sideline, as well as more interviewers.
- Enhanced programming by increasing local productions and adding more depth, attracting public figures such as Senator Ted Kennedy for in-studio debates, and Tom Bergeron for original production; provided highly touted election coverage, live auctions for local civic groups, and more.
- Generated increased awareness for the station by establishing and cultivating relationships with various civic, community, and government leaders on a local, state, and national level.
- Developed staff, promoted volunteers into staff positions, engaged members by utilizing them in various capacities for shoots, and increased overall morale and retention by implementing outings and other team building activities.
- Facilitated training by leading workshops for city government, Exchange Club, Rotary Club, Council on Aging, Haverhill Historical Society, Veterans Outreach Center, and local police, fire, and school faculty members, all of which produced local programming to further their mission.
- Stayed abreast of new technology and process by attending various industry conferences.
Technical Tools Proficiency
Editing Systems: Adobe Premiere CC 2017, Avid Symphony 5.0.5, Media Composer HD v8.1, Interplay Edition v126.96.36.199 and 7.0, NewsCutter Adrenaline XP 6.0, Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 HD & Final Cut X V.10.2, Edius Ver.7, Aurora News Edit 1.7, Quantel v3.7 rev4, Davinci Resolve 11,
Software: Boris FX v8, Sapphire v.1.0, Apple Motion 4.0, Apple Color 1.5, Adobe CC 2017, Mac OSX 10.9, Pluraleyes v3.5, SuperGrouper v5.1, Name Changer v3.2.1, Cinema Tools v4.5.1, Soundtrack Pro 2.0.2, Garageband 11, DVD Studio Pro 4.2.1 iWeb 2.0.4,
Formats: HD/SD, Digibeta, DigiS, Beta SP, Beta SX, P2 Flash Media, S Card, XDCAM, 32gig Lexar professional 1066x compact flash memory card, SanDisk/Lexar 32gb SD memory cards, SanDisk 32gb microSDHC Cards, Mini DV
Social Media & Web: YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, SnapChat, Website Design (WordPress, Wix) and Blog.
Awards, Affiliations & Development
- Continued volunteer work, California Film Commission.
- Coolux, Pandoras Box, Media Server Basic Training
- ACM National Finalist
- Alliance for Community Media Nationals, Boston, Massachusetts, Washington, District of Columbia, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Portland, Oregon
- NABET CWA Local 53, IBEW Local 1228 (Traveling Membership)