Editor, KCAL/CBS2 (2012- 2013)
- Special Projects Editor for feature packages which included, entertainment, investigative, informational and special interest pieces for Emmy Award winning producers and reporters.
- Incorporated special effects and designed graphic elements to achieve the vision of the producer via Avid Newscutter Adrenaline with Avid DNXCEL v. 6.2.8 and Aurora Editing Systems v 7.0
Special Projects Editor, WHDH NBC7/BOSTON, Boston, Massachusetts (1999- 2006)
- Consistently met aggressive deadlines with daily feature length packages consisting of entertainment, music, sports, political, investigative, and special interest pieces.
- Primary editor of breaking news events. Frequently receiving extensive footage 10 minutes prior to air, with the ability to edit and deliver the tape to the tape coordinator in time for broadcast. Working knowledge of Inews.
- Overall experience included audio, tracking, effects, music mixing, compositing visual effects, titles, video, mattes, and multi-styled lower thirds and keys, and training on Airspeed, Unity and Isis tapeless server systems.
- Served as feed editor for the live 2.5 hour evening news block.
- Utilized KU trucks and Sony DNW A220 fly packs.
2004 New Hampshire Primary
- Lead Editor, NH Primary
- Assisted with the penthouse location set-up and running of the audio board during interviews with politicians including Joe Lieberman.
- Interacted and served as regional network liaison with Network news reporters, Peter Jennings, Wolf Blitzer, Brian Williams, and Steve Handlesman.
2004 Democratic National Convention
- Lead Editor, 2004 Democratic National Convention.
- Shot footage used to open NBC Nightly News (network)
- Created a 2-minute montage of the 9/11 tragedy for the lead-in to NBC Nightly News for the New England Region.
- Cut numerous packages and specials in the weeks that followed the 9/11 tragedy for NBC Network.
Technical Tools Proficiency
Editing Systems: Adobe Premiere CC 2017, Avid Symphony 5.0.5, Media Composer HD v8.1, Interplay Edition v22.214.171.124 and 7.0, NewsCutter Adrenaline XP 6.0, Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 HD & Final Cut X V.10.2, Edius Ver.7, Aurora News Edit 1.7, Quantel v3.7 rev4, Davinci Resolve 11,
Software: Boris FX v8, Sapphire v.1.0, Apple Motion 4.0, Apple Color 1.5, Adobe CC 2017, Mac OSX 10.9, Pluraleyes v3.5, SuperGrouper v5.1, Name Changer v3.2.1, Cinema Tools v4.5.1, Soundtrack Pro 2.0.2, Garageband 11, DVD Studio Pro 4.2.1 iWeb 2.0.4,
Formats: HD/SD, Digibeta, DigiS, Beta SP, Beta SX, P2 Flash Media, S Card, XDCAM, 32gig Lexar professional 1066x compact flash memory card, SanDisk/Lexar 32gb SD memory cards, SanDisk 32gb microSDHC Cards, Mini DV
Social Media & Web: YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, SnapChat, Website Design (WordPress, Wix) and Blog.
Awards, Affiliations & Development
- Continued volunteer work, California Film Commission.
- Coolux, Pandoras Box, Media Server Basic Training
- ACM National Finalist
- Alliance for Community Media Nationals, Boston, Massachusetts, Washington, District of Columbia, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Portland, Oregon
- NABET CWA Local 53, IBEW Local 1228 (Traveling Membership)